Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Soft, Moist, Chocolatey Brownie


I felt like eating brownie since like last week... Wanted to buy one from Mrs Fields.. but it's so hard to find the outlet nowadays.. My favourite is Triple Fudge Brownie.. But I think my sweet tooth has mellowed down.. I can't take stuffs that are too sweet anymore.. I don't know..

Anywaayyy.... I saw this recipe yesterday and I saw the pictures and straight away I knew I wanted to make it.. I couldn't wait any longer.. I know I stated somewhere in my previous brownie recipe that it was THE BROWNIE recipe BUT I think this is THE BROWNIE RECIPE.. hahahah.. Im fickle..

I've always wanted to buy those 70% or more dark chocolate and make into something but Im scared.. But this recipe provides me an opportunity to use it.. And that is partly the reason why I wanted to do it.. I advice you to use the best dark chocolate you can get cos the brownie is just awesome to me.. *I'm thinking Guanaja*... It's not that sweet but it taste strongly of chocolate with a hint of bitterness.. On top of it, it was soft and moist and makes it taste kinda fudgey... Just the way I like it... Annndd the aroma of it was just incredible as it was baking... When I open the container full of it.. Gosh~ This is a must try recipe... I kinda knew it would be a bit bitter and so I topped it with Butterscotch Chips to neutralise the bitterness.. It was just perfect.. Sweet and bitter in harmony... I think it would be very very good with ice cream too.. It kinda reminds me of Flourless Cake but better.. :P

I baked it in a 9-inch square tray but found it kinda too big unless you are going for thin brownies..I'm gonna make it again very very soon cos I have to finish my butterscotch chip.. And what better way than this...

Spiced Brownies with Cocoa Nibs (taken from http://www.vanilla garlic.com)
(my notes in red)

8 oz of 70% cacao chocolate
6 tbsp / 3.03oz / 86.1g  unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 tsp cinnamon (optional) (I omitted)
1/2 tsp ground ancho chilli powder (I omitted)
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
1/4 cup cocoa nibs (I replaced with Butterscotch Chips)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C) and line a springform pan with parchment paper (a simple 8 or 9 inch square or cicle will just be fine). Light Grease and dust the parchment line pan with butter and flour.

2. Place chocolate, butter, cinnamon and chilli powder over simmering water (double boil). Stir together and until melted, smooth and warm.

3. In another bowl, place eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla together and whisk on high speed for 2 minutes. It should be thick and light coloured.

4. Add the warm chocolate to the egg mixture and whisk together.

5. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.

6. Scrape the bater into the lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

7. Allow to cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. remove springform rim. Dist with cocoa powder and serve. Great with whipped cream, mint ice cream, or chilled cream poured over it.

~If you're happy and you know
You clap your hands~

No comments:

Post a Comment