Thursday, November 5, 2009

Orange Muffins with Brown Sugar Topping


I've been so quiet.. A lot of things happening.. Nothing great actually.. All sad stuffs.. But I shall not dampen your mood anymore.. I've been doing a number of muffins.. Here's a new one..

I've always loved citrus flavoured cakes.. They're always refreshing and feels kinda healthy.. hehe.. I did Orange Muffins with Brown Sugar Topping.. It nice.. Soft, refreshing and somehow bland BUT the Brown Sugar Topping made it SUPERB for me.. haha.. I wanted to bite into something when eating it.. Hence, dried cranberries were my number one choice when pairing with orange.. I would double the topping for one recipe of muffins the next time I make it

I enjoy doing muffins cos its simpler as I don't have to use any machines.. You should try this, really..


Orange Muffins (taken from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Orange-Muffins/Detail.aspx)
makes 12 regular size muffins (my notes in red)

2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest (I added more zest)
2/3 cup orange juice (I added a bit more)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup ground walnuts (optional) (excluded)

Brown Sugar topping

1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, white sugar and grated orange peel. Stir in orange juice, 1/2 cup melted butter, eggs and chopped nuts.

2. Pour into 12 muffin cups.

3. Blend 1 tablespoon melted margarine, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on top of each muffin. (I wouldn't say sprinkle but just drop some on top of the batter)

4. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.

~Yesterday.. You ask me something I thought you knew
So I told you with a smile..it's all about you..~

No comments:

Post a Comment