Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wilton Course 2


Yes.. That's my cake!!! My beautiful garden that I created... Hahaha.. I just had like abundance of flowers.. Hence, I overloaded my cake with it so as not to waste it.. What do you all think? The flowers were like done in a span of one week.. I did on average 2 different types per day when I'm free.. I had to do it at night after work and it would take one whole night to dry...

My concept was like flowers on both side.. I wanted to make an all rounded cake.. Hence, I made the flowers flow down to the front on the right side.. and flowers flow down to the back on the left side.. But for picture taking purposes, I can only put the bird facing one 'front'.. But my concept is all-rounded.. I just placed as many flowers as possible cos I had waaaaay toooo many.. Haha.. I still have leftovers till today.. PPfftttt...
My favourite flowers were the almost-red daisies and primrose.. For colouring, I love the Orange coloured roses.. But my roses can never be as pretty as the ones in the book.. Why???? My favourite flowers to make would be Apple Blossom and Violets.. haha.. I love making pansies too.. Daffodils are pretty too!! Ok ok.. I love all of them!!

I enjoyed Course 2 alot.. Our instructor was Kathryn.. Very knowlegeable and shared alot of stories with us.. Made new friends.. Pauline, Kristina (she's with me from Course 1), Wilmur, Melody and Christina.. All a happy and friendly bunch.. Learned a lot.. Exchanged a lot of info.. Wish we can all be in the same class again!! These are the other awesome cakes that were made by the ladies of the class..



The cake above is made by Christina.. I loved her daffodils.. She made the centre bud with orange colour.. It was really pretty and outstanding..
I thought her pink rose was pretty even though she thought it wasn't that nice.. She makes awesome chrysanthemum too.. :)

Next is Wilmur's cake.. Very pastel, very sweet.. I liikkee... Hehe.. I love her purple primrose.. And the height of the cake made it so magnificent.. Simply decorated which is good.. I wonder how it was being eaten in the end though.. Hehehehe..

Up next is Melody's cake... Very nice blue which makes the white flowers stand out.. And her basketweave look ultra neat!! haha.. One of the outstanding cake cos of the different colour.. Oh yeah.. I love her leaves colour actually..

Here is another Kristina's cake.. She makes lovely roses since our Course 1 days.. Her cake was big too but not as tall as Wilmur's.. hehe.. I love her pink flowers.. There's something nice about her pink.. The flowers are arranged and crowded in a good way that makes it all pretty.. And I liked her leaves colour also.. haha.. I think I have a fetish for looking at leaf colours.. Hmmm
Presenting to you Paulines' cake.. Her cake looked simple and pretty.. I like the fact that she used the voilet leaves.. I hated to make that.. Cos I can't make nice ones.. Her rope borders look perfect and is nicely placed on the cake.. And it's good that she does not cover it with her pretty flowers.. Her roses are a beauty too..


All of us this a great job.. And to see our final project out was the greatest relieve for the week.. at least for me.. It was an achievement.. Good Work Ladies!! I hope to see you in the next class...

Not forgetting my cake.. haha.. How about a last shot of it.. at another angle.. Just lovely.. I don't have the pictures of a cut slice cos I gave it away to my friend's baby shower event as a present.. I hope it tasted ok if not overly sweet.. Just for your info, I made a 3 layered cake.. Chocolate layer, vanilla layer and another chocolate layer.. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart website.. In between the layers, I spread some chocolate ganache.. I seriously wonder how it tasted like...

~It's been a while, so let's start now..
Let's leave the world behind us...~

No comments:

Post a Comment