Monday, November 9, 2009

Sausage Roll (Bread Roulade)


I made my bread again after a long time staying away from it.. I have been doing several cinnamon roll recipe but I can never get it right.. The taste is there, the looks not really there.. Something with the way I do is just wrong.. But I shall practice again... Cos I just love cinnamon roll or sticky buns.. I hope I can make one as nice at the Sticky Buns I love at B Bakery at Bussorah Street.. You guys should try those Sticky Buns there!! It's the best!! *boomz* haha..

Back to my baking.. I felt like working with yeast the other weekend and I made these cos somebody requested for it.. I learned to make these at some Bread workshop that my workplace was having.. It was really enjoyable and I learned a few new stuffs and got to know new places.. The chef told us the Bread Roulade is just a sophisticated name for Bread Roll.. It is not really that difficult or tough making breads.. just strength and patience.. :)

I didn't use any machine at all because I wanted to see whether I can successfully make bread with just my bare hands.. Hehe.. And anyway.. machine does not help much cos bread dough tends to be very very heavy and  you would still need to knead it yourself.. aaannndd. I do not want to risk spoiling my beloved KitchenAid.. While I was doing this, I totally missed out the butter until I added all the dry and wet ingredients and was mixing it with my hands.. I quickly took out the butter from the fridge and cut it into small pieces and pinch it together with all the ingredients in.. I was quite worried by then whether my actions would result in a failure.. But thank god everything went well... I was really drained by the end of 25 minutes or so kneading the dough.. haha.. I kept kneading and kneading because the dough wasn't smooth and I couldn't get a stretchable 'gluten window'.. (I will take a picture of the 'gluten window' one day to show you was it is). This gluten window shows that the dough is ready to rest and let the yeast do its work. I was wondering why the dough wasn't that smooth.. Was it because I added the butter late and the butter didn't have time to react and melt with the dry ingredients.. Hmm.. *wonders*   

My only condition for the person who requested me to make this was to buy the sausages.. He bought Cheesy Onion sausage.. The sausages were awesome.. I looovve it.. I  got really full eating the bread roll.. Really really full.. Hahaha..

I apologize that I can't share the recipe because I the chef states "Not to be reproduced" at the end of the recipe. So, i'm not quite sure whether I can actually share the recipe.

~See you later elevator~

No comments:

Post a Comment