Monday, August 10, 2009

Order and National Day

My sis's fren ordered this Black Magic cake for last Sunday.. I don't really know what's the occasion the friend orders for but I'm happy to receive orders anyway.. A 6" Black Magic cake.. It looks really nice and I really feel like gobbling it all by myself.. hahaha..Very vey tempting... Maybe I should make one for myself.. Very very soon..
I don't really have any ideas how to decorate the cake.. But this was one of the ideas.. White chocolate chips borders with 2 cherries on top.. I was looking for the triangle comb to decorate the sides nicely but it was out of stock at B-I-Y (bake it yourself).
That's me decorating.. hahaha.. It wasn't as easy as I thought.. Don't mind the ugly background though..
Im currently attending the Wilton's Method of Cake Decorating Course 1.. Cost quite a lot actually but I decided to go for it.. To gain more experience and upgrade my skills.. Hmm.. Sound very Singaporean.. Hmm.. Neway, here's what I learn after the 2nd lesson...

I should have wrote the words in Red but I was too tired and lazy to colour another batch of icing and use up another diposable pipping bags.. haha.. So this is what I got.. My lettering sucks but Im practising hard on it.. The rainbow looks very pretty though..
I made the sponge cake.. The came is similar to the American Whisked Sponge Cake that I did previously.. tasted and smell like Kuih Bahulu/baulu/bolu.. hahah.. I knew the buttercream would be very very sweet given the amount of sugar required in the recipe.. So i decided to put Strawberry Jam to kill a bit of the EXTREME sweetness..

One of my nephew really love it cos he goes crazy for sweet stuffs.. The rest said it was too sweet as expected.. But I can't change the buttercream recipe.. Boo Hoo.. But I won't cover the cake with this buttercream recipe the next time.. That's for sure cos even I, can't take the sweetness..

Oh yeah... I didn't plan to write those National Day thingy.. It was the 9th Aug when I decorated this.. I didn't know what else I could write and my family suggested that.. Neway, Happy National Day to everyone.. Belated actually..

~What Do You See?~

1 comment: