Sunday, August 2, 2009

Brownie

After baking this brownie.. I realize that my ideal brownie is more cakey with a bit of fudgey-ness in it.. For now.. I used to like chewy brownies.. I don't know why I stopped liking them too.. Haha.. Neway, I found this recipe from a book by Daniel Tay.. He's the owner Bakerzin if I'm not wrong.. I was searching for recipes for brownies and his recipe seems to appeal to me most of all the brownie recipes that I had collected... Why?? Cos his recipe was the first recipe I saw that had cream cheese in it.. Hmmm

Well, it turned out wonderful.. Cakey and kinda fudgey when it's hot.. I like my brownie plain.. Maybe with fudge on it.. But I don't like nuts in it, especially walnuts.. eugh.. Not that I don't eat it but I just don't like it.. But I think the next time I do this, I can add some white chocolate chips or even milk chocolate buttons inside.. I think it would be really nice and make the brownie fudgier.. Just the way I like it..

Reviews from my sis is that it's too cakey.. But I guess different people have different takes on it.. It's cakey but when I heat it up in the microwave before I eat it, it's a bit fudgey.. You just have to try it yourself.. The recipe makes good clean and neat brownie.. Haha.. Whatever that means.. Lol.. Nice eaten with Island Creamery ice-cream too.. Yummy!!
Chocolate Brownie (taken from just desserts and other baked treats by Daniel Tay)
(makes one 28-cm / 11" square cake) (my notes in red)
(I make one-third the recipe as I just wanted to make a small tray for myself.. hehe)

325g (11 1/2 oz) plain (all purpose) flour
5g (1/2 oz) baking powder
150g (5 1/3 oz) cocoa powder
225g (8 oz) cream cheese
860g (1 4/5 lb) sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
10g (1/3 oz) salt
450g (16 oz) unsalted butter
400g (14 1/3 oz) eggs
300g (10 1/2 oz) walnuts
butter for greasing

1. Preheat oven to 180C (350 F)

2. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl and set aside.

3. Place cream cheese, sugar, vanilla essence, salt and butter in another mixing bowl and whisk until blended.

4. Fold eggs into cream cheese mixture, then gradually fold in flour mixture. Add walnuts and mix well. (I didn't fold.. Just added everything in my KitchenAid and Beat it~ haha.. ok.. lame)

5. Lightly grease a 28 cm / 11" square baking tin with butter. Level Batter into tin and bake for 20 minutes. (I baked in my 6" x 9" rectangle tray)

6. Unmould brownie and leave aside to cool. Slice before serving.

You might think that the ingredients list is a bit weird as all the quantity are in grams and ounces.. But from the baking books that I read, giving the quantities this way is the most accurate. This is because measurements in spoons and cups can vary in different countries.. Even the size of eggs can be different everywhere.. That should explain it.. But I must say it's more troublesome having the recipe in grams as I have to weigh everything.. And I guess it's time I invest in a good weighing machine..

~There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how~

No comments:

Post a Comment