Saturday, October 15, 2011

Aishah's Hantaran Cake

First of all I would like to congratulate Aishah on her wessing today! May she be blessed with lots of love and have a wonderful marriage..

She ordered this cake from me.. It's a hantaran cake where she will be giving it as a gift to ze husband.. :) The cake design and colour scheme was requested by her.. Overall I had lots of fun doing this cake and I learnt a lot... yeap.. alot..

I realize that my work now is so much faster.. I guess I'm use to all the work and I get more efficient as time goes by... Which is good, because it gives me more time on my decorating.. I really love the design that she gave me.. Simple and clean, yet the main attraction is the lace border which is made entirely by piped Royal Icing makes it so pretty and interesting.. Not the ribbon border at the base of the cake but the top of the cake..

I think I've come to realise that I love piping and working with Royal Icing.. And I learnt that, in Royal icing, you just have got to have confidence.. Lots of confidence!! Y? because you can't erase your mistake.. You can, but it's not gonna be easy.. And of course your most important tool is a good quality tip.. PME tips are the best!! You have to have lots of patience too.. But I think everything needs patience anyway... :)

At first I was quite skeptical about myself and whether I can pull this off.. And I did it!! Well.. I thought the borders were fabulous.. I'm so proud of it.. However, the challenge is always writing.. It's easy to write on the table.. But when your hands have no support.. I don't know how.. I need to practise my writing skills.... alot alot alot..

The weather here has been harsh lately.. Rain, sun, Rain, Humid, Rain, Humid.. AAarrrghhhh~ It took 3 days for my simple flowers to dry.. And when I put it on the cake.. It fell on me.. very frustrating.. But thank god it's still looks ok.. And thank god to the person who invented silica gel.. I would have died without it... My flowers will never dry..

Overall, I am happy with the product and I hope Aishah loves it too.. Although I know I could really improve on the writings... Ooh.. And I love the embroidered ribbon that I source for the cake too!! You have to give me credits for the wonderful border right?? :)

~But that's the way that it goes
And that's what nobody knows..
And everyday, my confusion grows..~

No comments:

Post a Comment