Saturday, September 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownies

I wanted to make something new.. And I was bored.. Hence, I decided to try this recipe.. And I was feeling like some brownie that day..

It was really good.. Fudgey.. Chocolatey.. Not too cakey.. Soft.. A bit too rich cos of the peanut butter.. The frosting was sweet but DUH rite? haha.. Frosting is always sweet.. Well, this brownie recipe reminds me of Mrs Field's Brownie.. My favourite Triple Choc Brownie excluding the peanut butter.. I think I found THE brownie recipe that I like but I'm not gonna incorporate the peanut butter next time. Hence, I have to play around with the recipe.. Next time..

The good thing is I did not use any machine for the brownie part.. Just the power of the hands.. :)
Peanut Butter Brownie (taken from http://canadianbaker.blogspot.com/)
(my notes in red)


6 oz (175g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 oz (125g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup (75ml) butter
1/3 cup (75ml) natural peanut butter, at room temperature (I used normal Peanut Butter)
2 cups (500ml) granulated sugar
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups (400ml) all purpose flour
1 cup (250 ml) chopped unsalted peanuts (omitted cos I like my brownie plain)
pinch salt

Topping:
1/3 cup (75 ml) butter, softened
1/4 cup (50ml) natural peanut butter, at room temperature
1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
2 cups (500ml) icing sugar
1 tbsp (15 ml) milk (I used water as I had no milk)
3 oz (90g) bittersweet chocolate, melted

1. Line 13 x 9 in (3.5 L) metal cake pan with parchment paper or grease. ( I used a 9x9 in pan)

2. In saucepan, melt bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate, butter and peanut butter over medium-low heat; let cool for 10 minutes. ( I used double boiling method to be safe)

3. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, whisking well after each.

4. Fold in flour, peanuts (omitted) and salt.

5. Spread in prepared pan. Bake in centre of 350 F (180 C) oven until tester inserted in centre comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.

Topping: In bowl, beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla until creamy. Beat in icing sugar in 2 additions. beat in milk (I used water as I did not have any milk.. It shouldn't affect much as I think liquid is just to get the right consistency for the frosting). Spread over brownies. Drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate until form, 1 hour. Cut into bars. Makes ~60 bars.

Tip: Make ahead. Remove from pan; wrap and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Or overwrap in heavy duty foil; freeze up to 1 month).

~This is not what I intended
I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed but I have loved you from the start~

No comments:

Post a Comment