Saturday, June 16, 2012

Romantic

What is your favourite romantic comedy? I'm a sucker for romantic comedy. My favourites are usually played by Sandra Bullock; like While You Were Sleeping or/and Two Weeks Notice. Yes, it's more exciting to watch action movies but I wil never get sick of watching romantic comedies and some chick flicks. I love A Walk to Remember alot. Never fails to make me cry. I like A Cinderella Story just because I like Hillary Duff and that tall guy.. He's so hot! Ok, I like tall guys. hahaha.. But don't ever ever give me Twilight! I HATE that pale guy and that expressionless girl. BLeargh~

Lately, I've been receiving quite a number of anniversary cake orders. Okay, maybe just 3 anniversary orders so far.. And it just brought back all the feel good romance movies.. Weird rite.

I've been hooked to Pinterest and I keep seeing all the great cakes other bakers are making and I'm really inspired by them. You should join Pinterest and you'll enter a whole new world, seriously.

The first anniversary cake I made was a rainbow cake with chocolate buttercream as requested by the customer. I decided to make a Ruffles cake. I really love this design. It's so sweet yet has a vintage touch to it. Perfect for an anniversary! I used Swiss Meringue Buttercream. I love the silky smooth look of smbc and the not overly sweet taste of it AND it goes very well with this Ruffles Design.

The good thing about doing this design is that I don't have to be so stress about how to make the cake look so smooth. Another advantage is that I love to pipe. The top reason is I LOVE the design! The cons is that it uses quite an amount of frosting but it's not that much actually but more than what you will use if you were to smooth the smbc over the cake. 

Coincidentally, the next anniversary cake is also a 3rd year. Since I was given a freedom to decide on the decoration, I really wanted to the rose swirls cake. I didn't want any wordings to spoil the cake and there would be no space for wordings anyway because the swirls will be all over.. I custom made a tag to write the words.. And here is it is.. 
I'm glad that the customer chose to stick with white because it looked so pure and elegant. Again, perfect for an anniversary! She wanted a red tag.. I really love it. Maybe I'll do a smaller swirls next time so that I can make 3 layers of swirls and in ombre. That would be so cool!! 
 
 Till the next anniversary! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment