Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wilton Course 3 - Fondant and Tiered Cakes


Life has so many ups and downs.. Sometimes it becomes to overwhelming for you that you don't know how to handle it.. But no matter what, you stil have to move on cause time waits for no man.. Time won't stand still.. Time won't go back to where you want it to be.. Go on.. Be strong.. That's what we should do..

I attended my Wilton Course 3 class yesterday.. I came like one hour late.. Some tragedy happened in the morning and I couldn't find a cab and I had to take bus.. And the bus was ultra slow and there was traffic jam.. and the traffic lights were not in my favour.. I hated yesterday except for the fact that I completed the cake...

Yes.. I made the cake above.. We did it halfway in class and I decided to complete it at home since I made some effort baking the cake and all.. Why not just enlarge my baking portfolio rite??

Inside in was a chocolate cake with layered with chocolate buttercream.. It was a really a perfect cake to be wrapped with heavy fondant cos it was dense and tasted nice enough.. But I won't put cinnamon agin the next time cos I think it's nicer without it.. Or maybe put lesser.. And remember, I always love the contrast of black cake with white cream.. Hmm.. I didn't take a picture of the inside though.. Sorry..

It was really fun and exciting to play with the fondant although the cleaning up part is the most dreadest thing.. I couldn't wait to complete the cake and take pictures of it.. It was like the most proudest moment for me to see the completed cake.. It was really really really pretty.. I can't believe I made it.. I could have made it more colourful though but I was lazy to mix the dough with other colours..

The next thing I couldn't wait was to cut and try it.. cos I always wondered how a fondant cake tasted like.. Okay.. It tasted kinda like sweet chewing gum.. texture-wise and taste-wise.. I think it's because of the gumtex/tylose that we put inside.. ate a bit and I didn't dare to eat more.. I should have rolled the fondant thinner to cover the cake.. Well.. All well for a first try huh??

I'm definitely sticking to a traditional tiered cream cake for my wedding.. or maybe  simple cupcakes.. I don't know.. I hate the thought of wedding actually.. :S

~So don't go away..
Say you want to stay
Cos I need more time just
to make things right~

No comments:

Post a Comment